March 10, 2014

Clean Eating Monday - Tuscan Bean Soup

When I started out with my clean eating diet, I originally wanted to learn some soup recipes. I used to always keep several cans of soup in my pantry for when I got sick, but canned soup, canned anything really, is a big no-no! So, I knew I needed to learn a few go to soup recipes that I could make and freeze for when I got sick or just wanted a bowl of soup.

After searching Pinterest, which is a great source of clean eating recipes, I found a great recipe for Tuscan Bean soup. I changed the recipe a tad, by eliminating the ham, which I don't eat, and cutting the amount of garlic in half. 

Since I got rid of all of my canned food, I decided this recipe would be a great time to learn how to cook dried beans. I had never cooked dried beans before, so I had no idea that they expanded. It was quite a shock in the morning when I looked in my pot of beans and they had almost doubled, meaning I had a TON of beans. It turned out great, though.


This is a great, simple, crockpot soup recipe, and perfect for the beginner clean eater.

2 comments:

  1. Care to share the recipe? It looks very good!

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay,

      A link to the recipe is actually in the second paragraph, but here it is too. http://www.mostlyhomemademom.com/2013/09/crockpot-tuscan-bean-soup.html#_a5y_p=1017548

      It is really tasty. :)
      Melissa

      Delete

Thank you visiting my little old blog and leaving me a comment!