January 15, 2014

Yarn Along

I finished the first of many destashing projects for 2014. I had originally bought 5 skeins of Hometown USA yarn in Billings Brown to make a floor pouf, but ended up buying one instead. Now I have all of this leftover yarn and I have no idea what to do with it. Usually, when I have no idea what to make I crochet a scarf. So, that is what I did.

I actually made my first infinity scarf. I am really not great at crocheting in the round, so I crocheted one big, long strip and then whipstitched the ends together. It really turned out pretty nice, and it is super warm!


Unfortunately, I still have a little of the yarn left, so I can't add it to my destashing challenge. I need to find a small project to finish up the yarn, like a flower. 

I am still reading Coriolanus, although I am pretty close to the end. I got sidetracked watching The Hollow Crown, which was really, really good! Hopefully I can finish it this weekend. I have another book I want to start next week. 

Linking to Yarn Along.

 

7 comments:

  1. It's probably totally off-topic, but I love your dressform! Those wrought leaves decorating it are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I got it at http://www.countrydoor.com. It doesn't look like they sell it anymore, but maybe they will bring it back for the spring. It is very pretty, but does tend to snag my yarn. :(

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!! And great job using up some yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Looks warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very snuggly! How much yarn is left? I need a headband to cover my ears and this might make a nice one. Or is there enough for a small cowl??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have too much yarn left. I think enough for a flower or maybe a small bow.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love this color! I don't know how to crochet but I really want to learn. Your scarf came out so nice -- what pattern did you use?

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting my little old blog and leaving me a comment!