February 19, 2014

Yarn Along


It has been a wild few weeks here in the South. We've had snow, wind, and ice! You'd think with me being stuck in my house for days I would have gotten a bunch of crocheting done. Nope! I am really struggling with getting my crafty mojo back. I just haven't been in the mood to craft lately. I am hoping spring will bring some life back into my craft projects.

I did whip up a little crocheted cookie. I used the super cute amigurumi cookie pattern from amigurumifood.blogspot.com. Super simple pattern and really cute. I love making play food!

I really haven't been reading too much either, except for cookbooks and reference books. Not too exciting, but very useful.

On January 1 of this year, I decided (along with the advice from my doctor) to start a clean eating diet. I use the term "diet" even though it is more of a healthy eating lifestyle change. The Skinny Ms. Slow Cooker cookbook is the first clean eating cookbook I got, or actually won. It has really been a lifesaver for me. I really do not enjoy cooking, so being able to throw a few ingredients into a crockpot and letting it do the work is awesome!

I have been on the "diet" now for almost 2 months. I have learned plenty of things to do and things not to do, but I am still learning. I've had a lot of my friends ask me about clean eating. So, I thought I would post a little about what clean eating is all about, what is working for me and what is not, and some recipes that I have tried. I'm going to designate Mondays as "Clean Eating Mondays". I usually only cook on the weekends, so Mondays will be perfect to let you know what I cooked over the weekend and how it turned out. This Monday's post will explain clean eating and offer up a really quick and yummy recipe.

I have been using a lot of the recipes from the above book, so while I will tell you what I cooked I will not be able to give the entire recipe. If you are interested in clean eating and crockpot cooking, I definitely recommend picking up this book. It is really great!

Linking to Yarn Along.

 

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed from blog posts and facebook posts that the bad weather either makes people be crafty or puts them in a craft rut. Kinda funny how it really can go either way lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting my little old blog and leaving me a comment!