January 13, 2014

Pantone 2014 Color of the Year

Pantone 2014 Color of the Year

By now you have probably seen the 2014 Pantone color of the year, which is Radiant Orchid. I am a little late to the party, yet again. I've been reading a lot of negativity about the color choice, but I like it. Then again, I am a big fan of the color purple. 

There really are some cute items in this color. I especially love the area rug from Target. I tried to keep all of the items affordable, but there is one item on here which is way out of my budget. Can you guess which one? Here is a hint: You have to carry it. :)

And if you are looking to craft something in this color, you are in luck! For yarnies, like myself, Red Heart Yarn sells both a dark orchid and light orchid yarn. There is also a purple tones yarn that has a mixture of purples, including orchid.

For the general crafter, Eco-fi felt carries felt in orchidI have this color and it is really nice. I guess I'll need to make something with it this year. Martha Stewart carries an orchid glass paint and FIMO carries a violet clay, which is very similar to orchid.  

See! We can all have fun with this year's Pantone color.


2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that was that color of the year but just happened to paint my nails orchid last night lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! You picked the perfect color. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting my little old blog and leaving me a comment!