January 8, 2014

2014 Wish List

There are a lot of things I want to do this year, but I am going to try to be realistic and keep it to only the most important things I want to accomplish. Last year, I put way too much pressure on myself with my Etsy shop, crafting, and writing. I got burned out by the summer. I am going to try to take it a little easier this year.

Here is my list!


1. Finish My Book
This is definitely #1 on my list. My goal is to have Book 1 completely written by the end of March. I will then edit, re-write, and complete my research by June. I'd like to have it ready to send to publishers by my birthday, which is in early August. Book 2 will then be ready to begin in November for NaNoWriMo 2014!



2. Start A Vacation Fund
As you can probably tell by the photo above, I am planning a trip to London next year. :) It has been 15 years since my last trip. I think I am due! I am also setting my second book in London, so I can do all of my research while I am over there. I do have one important and expensive tour on my list. I want to take a day trip on the Orient Express. The cheapest trip is $300, so I will need to add that along with my airfare, hotel/B&B, and other tours. I'm going to need mucho dinero in my vacation fund!



3. Donate Handmade Items To Charity
I had this on my wish list for some time, but just never "found the time" to make much. This year is going to be different. I am in the process of finishing my first charity crochet project. The proceeds from the sale of the item will be donated to a local food bank. I am also thinking of donating some crocheted blankets to Soldiers Angels. They send crocheted and knitted blankets to the local VA hospitals. I think that is wonderful!



4. Learn Clean Eating Recipes
My doctor recommended that I try a clean eating diet to combat a few health issues. I started a few weeks ago, and while it is not easy it isn't as difficult as I had thought. I really hate to cook, so I am looking for simple recipes that won't require too many hours in the kitchen. Crockpot recipes are also on my must try list.

I didn't include much crafting or DIY projects on my wish list, but I have at least 5 projects in the works. Many will be DIY projects, but I am also getting ready to start on a HUGE crochet project. Unfortunately it won't fall into my stashbusting challenge, since I had to buy the yarn over Christmas break, but that is okay.

I can feel it already guys and girls, 2014 is gonna be great!!!

2 comments:

Thank you visiting my little old blog and leaving me a comment!